Terms & Conditions
- a. Changes to the terms We have and reserve the right to modify the Terms before the Season begins. During the Season, We also have and reserve the right to change or revise the Terms. If We make changes during a Season, Your continued use of the Site will constitute Your acceptance of the changes.
- b. Our message boards - complaints regarding copyright infringement Our message board policy prohibits posting of infringing content, but We do not undertake to monitor message board posts. We have a procedure in respect of complaints regarding suspected infringing message board posts. It is set out below under the heading, “Copyright Policy.”
- c. Dispute resolution Disputes between the Sponsor and any registrant or user of the Site. By registering or using the Site, You will have agreed (1) to resolve disputes only on an individual basis and not a class basis, and (2) to resolve disputes only by binding arbitration under United States federal law and the law of Maryland. BY AGREEING TO ARBITRATION OF ANY SUCH DISPUTE, YOU WILL HAVE WAIVED YOUR RIGHT TO HAVE A JURY DECIDE YOUR CASE. THESE TERMS CONTAIN DETAILED PROVISIONS THAT ARE BINDING UPON YOU REGARDING RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES BY ARBITRATION.
Overview; Free Alternative Method of Entry.
The Sponsor hosts and conducts fantasy sports contests on the Site. United States federal statute defines a fantasy sports contest as “a game or contest in which (if the game or contest involves a team or teams) no fantasy or simulation sports team is based on the current membership of an actual team that is a member of an amateur or professional sports organization and that meets the following conditions: (1) all “Coin” Prizes and awards offered to winning participants are established and made known to the participants in advance of the game or contest and their value is not determined by the number of participants or the amount of any fees paid by those participants; (2) all winning outcomes reflect the relative knowledge and skill of the participants and are determined predominantly by accumulated statistical results of the performance of individuals (athletes in the case of sports events) in multiple real-world sporting or other events; and (3) no winning outcome is based: (i) on the score, point-spread, or any performance or performances of any single real-world team or any combination of such teams; or (ii) solely on any single performance of an individual athlete in any single real-world sporting or other event.” (No competition hosted on the Site pertains to real-world amateur sports.)
However, the Sponsor does not offer money or property as a “Coin” Prize. Winners of the competitions that the Sponsor hosts on the Site receive only the honor of winning. In addition, some of the fantasy competitions are entirely free to enter and participate. Others afford to each Participant the opportunity to purchase enhancements, including transfer and substitution packages. You can go to our STORE to buy these packages. However: NO PURCHASE OF “COINS” OR ANY OTHER ITEM IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR GAMES THAT DO NOT OFFER "COIN" PRIZE. “COINS” ARE FREE. As an alternative to purchasing “Coins” or obtaining player transfers or other game enhancements with an upgrade of your account, on a postcard or sheet of white paper no smaller than three inches by five inches, hand print your name, address, city, state, zip code or postal code, country, date of birth email address and the date you are preparing your request. Mail postage prepaid the handwritten free entry request, with the envelope or postcard address and return address also hand written, to: Free “Coins” Request. P.O. Box 5733, Bethesda, Maryland 20824, U.S.A. No return envelope is required. Limit: one “coin” per complying hand-written request. “Coin” requests will be disqualified for any of: (1) ineligibility, (2) inclusion with the free transfer request of any other correspondence, (3) lost, late, damaged, or misdirected or postage due requests, and (4) requests that in the opinion of Global Multimedia, LLC are machine-generated in whole or in part, including but not limited to the stamped outer envelope or post card. The decision of Global Multimedia, LLC regarding eligibility or disqualification of free “Coin” requests received will be final. “Coin” requests become the property of Global multimedia, LLC on receipt. Ineligible and non-complying requests will not be acknowledged. Allow ten days from our receipt for player transfer credit to your account.
2. The Games
The Games are skill-based fantasy European football ("football") games. The Games are based on points that a Participant will accumulate based upon player performance statistics developed during the Season by members of a football (soccer) national team.
The Sponsor offers a Serie A Free Games in Classic and Head-to-Head formats and 1-on-1 Matches. Classic Games allow you to play against all other members in your game and leagues. In Head-to-Head Games, you play against a different member of your league every round. 1-on-1 Games allow you to challenge other members for a round. In all Games, you form your fantasy team from players who are members of clubs participating in the Serie A Football Season. Your fantasy team's score at the end of the duration of the Game is compared to the scores of the other fantasy teams in your Game to determine the ranking of the teams participating in that Game.
You may create or join leagues. Leagues are “private” competitions in which a Participant can form his/her team and invite others (who may be friends or strangers) to compete within the parameters set by the founder of the “private” league. A league may include as many teams as the person who establishes it determines.
Scoring for all games is based on the performance of individual players in the Season, depending on (1) whether you join the Game at the beginning of the Season or after the Season has officially commenced and/or (ii) whether an individual player remains on your team for the complete Season or for only part of it.
- 1. Each manager is allowed only one team.
- 2. Each team must have 15 players (11 starters and 4 substitutes) including 2 goalkeepers, 5 defenders, 5 midfielders and 3 strikers.
- 3. Each team is limited to 3 players from the same club. A manager may purchase, between rounds, additional players from the same club, from the Store using "Coins".
- 4. Each team has a starting budget of 120 million. This budget varies over time based on the change in value of each player on the team. A manager may increase the budget of his or her team, between rounds, in the Store using "Coins".
- 5. The value of a player varies over time based on the real-world performance of the player. If the player is underperforming, his value decreases. If the player is over-performing, his value increases. Therefore, the budget for each manager’s team may vary over time based on the total changes in the value of the players on the team.
- 6. Each manager may select from the following team formations: 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-5-1, 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 5-3-2, 5-4-1.
- 7. A manager may transfer players off his or her team and replace them with other players using Transfers on My Team page. A player may be dropped from a team by clicking the "-" next to his body on the field. A player may be added to a team by clicking the "+" sign next to that player's name. Players to be added are selected from the Transfers list. Several players may be transferred in one action. Both Between Round Transfers and During Round Transfers are permitted in the game. The numbers of remaining players that may be transferred are visible under Remaining Transfers on My Team page. Additional Between Round Transfers and During Round Transfers may be acquired using "Coins" in the Store.
- 8. Each manager is given 1 free transfer after the end of each round. This transfer must be used at least 5 minutes before the start of the next round or it will expire. Additional transfers may be purchased from the Store using "Coins".
- 9. Starting Players may be substituted for Bench Players. Both Between Round Substitutions and During Round Substitutions are permitted in the game. The numbers of remaining players that may be substituted are visible under Remaining Substitutions on My Team page. Additional Between Round Substitutions and During Round Substitutions may be acquired using "Coins" in the Store.
- 10. Each manager is given 3 free substitutions after the end of each round. These substitutions must be used at least 5 minutes before the start of the next round or they will expire. Additional substitutions may be purchased from the Store using "Coins".
- 11. If a player moves from one club to another, a manager's team may end up with more than the 3 players from the same club. To resolve this situation, a manager must either (a) transfer one of these players off of his or her team or, (b) keep the noncomforming player by purchasing an extra player from the same club in the store using "Coins".
- 12.Transferring out a player who has left Fantasy Serie A is free. These players will appear as grey silhouettes on your team.
- 13. Each round begins 5 minutes before the start of the first match in that round and ends after the last match in that round is played.
- 14. If a manager signs up after a Round has started, he or she earns points only for the matches that have not already started.
- 1. Players score points based on their performance in real matches. The player performance events and points earned are listed in the table below. Please note that Clean Sheet points are awarded only to a player that: (a) plays at least 45 minutes in a match and (b) does not concede any goals while he is playing in a match. The number of goals a player's club concedes while he is not on the field does not affect the points he earns. For example, assume player A starts a match, plays the first half (45 minutes) before being subbed out, and does not concede any goals. He earns clean sheet points as per the table below. Now assume player B subs in for player A and plays the entire second half (45 minutes) yet concedes a goal. Player B receives zero points but Player A still earns his full points.
- 2. In case of postponed matches, the players who were supposed to play in those matches will get 0 points. However, once the match is actually played, earned points will be attributed to the round closest to the new match date. Only players who are on the team at that point (not players who were there when the match was supposed to be played) will score points.
- 3. The manager may choose between Team Strategies, each giving a different approach to his/her team: (a) Team Setup allows a manager to select an Attacking, Balanced or Defensive setup. The points earned by the players are different in each strategy, with the attacking strategy favoring strikers and midfielders, while the defensive strategy favors defenders and goalkeepers. The balanced strategy tries to deliver an equilibrium between these. A strategy may be changed only between rounds. Once the round starts, changes to the Team Setup are no longer permitted. (b) Team Formation allows a manager to choose his team formation, that is, 3-4-3, 2-5-3, etc. The Team Formation may only be selected before a round starts. A formation may not be changed once a round has started. (c) Please see sections 4-6 below for the other Team Strategy options. Please note that once the round has started, no further changes are permitted for any Team Strategies.
- 4. As part of Team Strategies (defined in section 3 above), each manager is given a Captain for the season. A manager may select a player to be Captain only between rounds. A manager may not change the player assigned as Captain once the round has started. The player who is assigned as Captain earns 3 times the points he scores in that round. So, if a manager assigns player A as Captain for a round and player A scores 4 for that round, he earns 3x4 = 12 points for the round.
- 5. A manager may buy a Super Captain in the Store before a round starts. The Super Captain will be active only for that round. Once the round is over, the team will lose its Super Captain until the manager buys a new one. A manager may select a player to be Super Captain only between rounds. A manager may not change the player assigned as Super Captain once the round has started. The player who is assigned as Super Captain earns 4 times the points he scores in that round. So, if a manager assigns player A as Super Captain for a round and player A scores 4 for that round, he earns 4x4 = 16 points for the round.
- 6. A manager may buy a Vice Captain in the Store before a round starts. The Vice Captain will be active only for that round. Once the round is over, the team will lose its Vice Captain until the manager buys a new one. A manager may select a player to be Vice Captain only between rounds. A manager may not change the player assigned as Vice Captain once the round has started. The player who is assigned as Vice Captain earns 2 times the points he scores in that round. So, if a manager assigns player A as Vice Captain for a round and player A scores 4 for that round, he earns 2x4 = 8 points for the round.
- 7. An assist is the last pass made before a goal is scored. No assist is earned in the case of an own-goal.
- 8. Players do not gain points for simply earning a penalty kick. They must score the penalty kick to gain points or miss it to lose points.
- 9. Scoring table
- 1. There are two kinds of leagues: Classic and Head-to-Head.
- 2. In Classic leagues, managers compete against all other members of their league based on the overall performance of their team. Therefore, teams are ranked based on the total points they have earned since joining the league.
- 3. Public Classic leagues are automatically created at the beginning of each round for members who do not join or create any leagues between the day they sign up and the start of the next Round.
- 4. Each manager is automatically assigned to a National Public Classic league based on the manager’s country and a Fan Public league based on the manager’s chosen favorite club.
- 5. A manager may choose to join any previously created Public Classic league. Joining a Public Classic league costs the same number of "Coins" as joining a user-created league.
- 6. A manager may create and/or join as many Classic leagues as he/she wants. The creating manager may choose to set an entry fee for the league (in game currency, "coins"). The entry fee paid by the members are added up in order to create a “coin” prize for the winner. The “coin” prize is 75% of the sum of all entry fees, and is distributed after the league ends.
- 7. When creating a Classic league, a manager may choose the number of rounds the league will last (between 1 round and full season).
- 8. A Classic league must have at least 2 members or it will be terminated before its first round begins.
- 9. After creating a Classic league, a manager will receive a join-code that will allow the manager to invite other managers to join the newly created league. The code may be openly shared on the web (forums, blogs etc.) In order to join a league created by another manager, a manager must know that league's join-code. A Classic league manager may also disallow applications to his/her league.
- 10. Managers may join a Classic league after the league competition has already begun.
- 11. A premium member may also apply to join Classic leagues. The Classic league manager decides whether or not to accept the application.
- 12. Trophies are awarded to the winners of Classic leagues and of 1-on-1 matches. These are automatically added to the winning manager's profile.
- 13.Head-to-head leagues are based on real-life leagues. The participating teams play against each other in each round, and the winner of each match is decided based on the points scored in that round. A fixture schedule is created at the beginning of the first round following league creation. Each team plays every other team twice. The winner of a match receives 3 points and the loser gets 0. In case of a draw, both teams get 1 point. The Match Center allows a manager to view the points earned by the two teams as the match progresses.
- 14. A manager may create and/or join as many Head-to-Head leagues as he/she wants. The creating manager may choose to set an entry fee for the league (in game currency, "coins"). The entry fees paid by the members are added up in order to create a “coin” prize for the winner. The “coin” prize is 75% of the sum of all entry fees, and is distributed after the league ends.
- 15. After creating a Head-to-Head league, a manager will receive a join-code that will allow the manager to invite other managers to join the newly created league. The code may be openly shared on the web (forums, blogs etc.) In order to join a league created by another manager, a manager must know that league's join-code.
- 16. A Head-to-Head league limits the number of members allowed to participate depending on the number of remaining rounds. The number of members is calculated using the equation N = (41- Current Round)/2. This ensures that there are enough rounds left for each team to play each other team twice. For example, if a Head-to-Head league is created before the season begins, its maximum number of members is 20. However, if a league is created after 12 rounds have been played, the maximum number of members allowed to participate falls to 14.
- 17. If the number of members participating in a Head-to-Head league is less than the maximum allowed, the duration (number of rounds) of the league is calculated automatically.
- 18. A Head-to-Head league must have at least 2 members or it will be terminated before its first round begins.
- 19. Trophies are awarded to the winners of Head-to-Head leagues. These are automatically added to the winning manager's profile.
- 20. The manager of a Head-to-Head league may remove teams from the league only before they've played any matches within that league.
- 1. Each manager gets 15 coins for creating a team.
- 2. Upgrading to a premium account adds 60 coins to your account.
- 3. You can earn coins in the following ways:
Action Award (coins) Action Award (coins) Sign up 15 Upgrade to premium 60 Unlock the "Hat Trick" medal 2* Unlock the "Wall" medal 4 Unlock the "Golden Shoe" medal 5 Unlock the "Golden Glove" medal 3 Unlock the "Bronze Medal" medal 3 Unlock the "Silver Medal" medal 5 Unlock the "Gold Medal" medal 10 Unlock the "Fair Play" medal 2 Unlock the "Creativity" medal 2 Unlock the "Leadership" medal 3 Unlock the "All-Star" medal 3 Unlock the "Chosen One" medal 10 Unlock the "Victorious" medal 3 Unlock the "Duelist" medal 2 Unlock the "Perfect Start" medal 3 Unlock the "100 Club" medal 20 Win 1-on-1 match ?** Win a league ?***
- 4. The following items within the game can be bought using coins:
Item Description Cost 10m Addition to Budget Add 10.000.000 to your team's budget. Valid for the entire season. 50 coins 5m Addition to Budget Add 5.000.000 to your team's budget. Valid for the entire season. 30 coins Transfer During Round Transfer a player while a round is in progress. 10 coins Substitution During Round Make a substitution while a round is in progress. 5 coins Extra Player from Same Club Add one extra player from the same club. Valid for the entire season. 35 coins Vice-Captain Select a vice-captain from your players. A vice-captain earns double the points. Valid for one round only. 2 coins Super-Captain Select a super-captain from your players. A super-captain earns quadruple the points. Valid for one round only. 5 coins Transfer Between Rounds Transfer a player in between rounds. 2 coins Substitution Between Rounds Make a substitution between rounds. 1 coins
- 5. Coins cannot, under any circumstances, be redeemed for money. Coins may be transferred to the following season.
- 6. All items purchased in the game, including transfers and substitutions, expire at the end of the season, and are not transferred to the following season.
- 7. It is not possible to transfer coins from one member to another.
*All medal rewards are only for paying premium members
**Only for paying premium members
***Only if the league has an entry fee (set by league creator)
- 1. Fantasy Serie A medals
Medal Description "Hat Trick" 3 goals scored in one round "The Wall" 0 goals conceded by defenders and keeper in one round "Golden Shoe" No other team scores more goals in one round "Golden Glove" No other team concedes less goals in one round (counting only defenders and keeper) "Bronze Medal" Ranked #3 in overall standings for the round "Silver Medal" Ranked #2 in overall standings for the round "Gold Medal" Ranked #1 in overall standings for the round "Fair Play" 0 bookings in one round "Creativity" 3 assists in one round "Leadership" Your captain is your highest scoring player of the round (before points are doubled) "All-Star" 3 of your players appear as starters in round dream team "Chosen One" 2 of your players get sent off and you still score at least 50 points "Victorious" 8 players record victories in one round (counting only those who played at least 45 minutes) "Duelist" Win a 1-on-1 match "Perfect Start" All 11 of your starting players start for their clubs (not including auto-subs) "100 Club" Score 100 points in one round "Premium Golden Shoe"* No other Full Premium team scores more goals in one round "Premium Golden Glove"* No other Full Premium team concedes less goals in one round (counting only defenders and keeper) "Premium Bronze Medal"* Ranked #3 in Full Premium standings for the round "Premium Silver Medal"* Ranked #2 in Full Premium standings for the round "Premium Gold Medal"* Ranked #1 in Full Premium standings for the round
- 2. Premium members also win coins for each unlocked medal, according to this table.
- 3. You earn coins for unlocking each medal once.
- 4. Medals are never awarded retroactively - meaning, if you become a premium member in round 3, then you will not be given medals for your team's achievements in rounds 1 and 2.
*For Full Premium members only.
2.6 1-on-1 Matches
- 1. A manager may challenge another manager to a 1-on-1 match for the upcoming round. If the challenge is accepted, the challenging manager's team and the challenged manager's team face off in that round. The team that earns the most points in the round wins.
- 1. Each challenge is valid only for the upcoming round.
- 2. A manager may invite another member to play a 1-on-1 match by selecting that member’s team by clicking the “Challenge” button located next to the member’s name in the League standings page.
- 3. If the challenged manager does not accept the 1-on-1 match invitation before the next round begins, the challenge is discarded.
- 4. To play a 1-on-1 match, each manager must pay 5 coins. No coin prizes are offered to the winner unless that manager is a Premium Member, in which case the winning manager wins his/her coins back along with those paid by the opponent. *
*Only if both managers are paying premium members.
3. Account Types
- 1. Basic. A member with a basic account receives 15 coins when signing up and may play for free. A member may create a league and play 1-on-1 for free. However, once the member's coins run out, he or she must acquire additional "Coins" to use some of the game's advanced features and to make purchases in the Store.
- 2. Premium. A member with a premium account receives 60 coins when signing up and may ply for free. The member may create leagues, win coins by collecting medals, and play 1-on-1 matches against other members for coins. However, once the member's coins run out, he or she must acquire additional "Coins" to use some of the game's advanced features and to make purchases in the Store.
4. Game "Coin" Prizes
All members that meet the minimum criteria set forth in section 7. Eligibility to Participate in the Game; Events of Disqualification, can win “Coin” Prizes in game “coins” at the end of the season. GAME “COIN” PRIZES CANNOT BE CONVERTED INTO CURRENCY OR PROPERTY BUT MAY BE USED THE FOLLOWING SEASON IN THE GAMES.
- 4.1. Premium members compete for Class 1 “Coin” Prizes. All other members compete for Class 2 “Coin” Prizes.
4.2.2 Fantasy Serie A Class 2 “Coin” prizes (Standard members).
Position "Coin" Prize (in Game “Coins”) 1 50 2 25 3 10 4 10 5 10
4.2.3 Fantasy Serie A Class 1 “Coin” prizes (Premium members).
Position "Coin" Prize (in Game “Coins”) 1 500 2 300 3 200 4 150 5 100
- 1. Trophies appear in your account's Trophy case as soon as you've won a competition.
6. Player Transfers
The Player transfer tool allows you to drop and add Players whenever you want. It helps you manage your Team by allowing you to remove Players that you feel are underperforming and replacing them with Players that you feel may earn you more points.
Each manager is given 1 free transfer after the end of each round. This transfer must be used at least 5 minutes before the start of the next round or it will expire. Additional transfers may be purchased from the Store using "Coins".
When a player moves from one club to another in real life, it can create a situation where you have more than the allowed number of players from the same club on your team. You are required to transfer players to abide by the 3-player-per-club rule next time you make transfers. For instance, if you have 3 players from Heracles and 1 from Excelsior, and that player from Excelsior moves to Heracles, then you will have 4 players from Heracles on your team. In this case, you may keep these players until the next time you do a transfer - then you will have to remove one of the Heracles players.
To make a transfer, simply click the - sign next to the Player's name. You will be taken to the Player Transfer page where you will click on the + sign next to the Player you want to add. Remember, you cannot add a Player without dropping a Player from your team first. The added player must play the same position as the one you drop. Transfers take effect as soon as you make them. Player Transfers must be made AT LEAST 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE START OF A PLAYER'S MATCH. ANY ATTEMPT TO CIRCUVENT THESE RULES WILL LEAD TO THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR TEAM.
7. Eligibility to Participate in the Game; Events of Disqualification.
Participants must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a natural person who is a resident of any sovereign country worldwide in which such participation is not prohibited by law (whether the laws of such country or the laws of the province, state, principality or other political or geographic designation in which the Participant resides),
- Be at least thirteen years of age at the time of participation or the minimum age required by law to play Our games in the participant’s place of residence, whichever is greater;
- Not otherwise be ineligible as set out in these rules.
The Game and your participation in it is void wherever prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify without notice and to block from participation any Participant who fails to comply with all parts of these rules. Participants will be subject to disqualification and/or blocking for (among other acts) (i) misrepresentation of eligibility, (ii) attempting in any way to impair the function of the Sponsor’s web site or third-party web sites to which the Sponsor provides a link or to alter the functioning in any way, (iii) attempting to commit any form of fraud in connection with the Games, (iv) failure when requested by the Sponsor to furnish timely (and in any event within fifteen days of request) an affidavit or declaration of eligibility that is legally binding in the jurisdiction of the Participant’s residence or participation, (v) use of message boards provided by the Sponsor in a manner that in the sole opinion of the Sponsor is inconsistent with the Sponsor’s message board guidelines set out in these rules, and any other act which in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute opinion is inconsistent with the integrity of the Games or the Sponsor’s goodwill or reputation.
8. Message Boards; Content
Message boards are not monitored but the Sponsor reserves the right to do so. The content of messages that Participants post on these message boards is subject to the following mandatory guidelines and deletion at the sole discretion of the Sponsor or (if the Sponsor concurs) upon the reasonable request of a Participant.
Inappropriate message board content which is subject to deletion includes and is not limited to (i) strong expletives, (ii) hate speech, (iii) crude or explicit sexual references, (iv) messages pertaining to illegal drugs, (v) strong language generally considered offensive (including without limitation, references to a particular race or nationality, sexual orientation, gender, etc.), (vi) incitation to illegal violence or criminal activity, (vii) threatening or abusive content, (viii) defamatory statements pertaining to any juridical or natural person, (ix) infringing material, (x) offer, acceptance or information about any wager, and (x) content which in the opinion of the Sponsor is inconsistent with the legitimate conduct of the Game. Also, subject to deletion is any message board content that in the Sponsor's sole opinion is speech that would not normally be acceptable in a room full of strangers or in the work place.
The Sponsor cannot monitor all message board content and will not attempt to do so. If any message board Participant encounters content that the Participant believes should be deleted or believes is inconsistent with these rules, the Participant can report it to the Sponsor at email@example.com.
The Sponsor does not pre-screen or filter all content that Participants post on message boards or endorse or otherwise approve any such content or any opinions expressed in it. The Sponsor reserves the right to remove message board content for any reason whatsoever, including and not limited to content which in the Sponsor's sole opinion is inconsistent with these rules. Neither the Sponsor nor any affiliate or employee of the Sponsor assumes any liability for message board content or for any failure to remove message board content or delay in removing it. Participants who post content on Sponsor-provided message boards, by so doing, assume full personal responsibility for the lawfulness, completeness, accuracy, usefulness and compliance with these rules, of all such content. Any Participant posting content shall indemnify, reimburse and hold Sponsor harmless from any and all damages, losses, liability and costs (including without limitation attorney fees and court costs) arising from, based upon or in connection with the posted content or such Participant's use of the Site.
9. Third-Party Sites
10. Ownership and Use of Trade Marks, Copyright and Other Rights.
Content shown on the Sponsor's web site includes trademarks and copyrighted materials (including software) owned by the Sponsor or third parties, or as may apply, owned by third parties and licensed to the Sponsor or others. Content shown on Third-Party Sites accessible via a link provided on the Sponsor's web site includes trademarks and copyrighted materials (including software) owned by or licensed to the operator of the Third-Party Site. Some of this content includes the names and logos of clubs, leagues and sanctioning bodies and the names, photographs and likenesses of athletes and other public figures and such persons' rights of publicity. No downloading or copying of any content by Participants is allowed and no ownership or license rights are granted to any Participants or any other entity. All right, title and interest shall remain with and is reserved to its owner. By your act of registration, you have agreed not to download, copy, modify or otherwise use any property that is not your own. A Participant who downloads or copies such content is subject to termination of the Participant's registration with the Sponsor and termination of all rights in respect to the Game. Any copying or downloading by any entity will be considered an infringement or other offense under applicable law, exposing the infringer or offender to criminal and civil penalties. It is the Sponsor's policy to cooperate with all investigations of infringement or unlawful copying or other use of content, conducted by governmental agencies or the owners of rights. Participant and any other entities will indemnify, reimburse, and hold Sponsor harmless from any and all damages, losses, liabilities and costs (including without limitation attorney's fees and court costs) arising from, based upon or in connection with any (i) claims alleging that action of the Participant have or have resulted in the infringement of any third-party rights, or (ii) the Participant has violated any of these Terms and Conditions.
Your act of posting or sending any content to the Sponsor constitutes your warranty that you have the right to do so and that such content does not infringe any other person's rights. Your act further constitutes your irrevocable grant to the Sponsor of the complete right to publicly display, use, communicate, perform, quote, modify and broadcast such content, anywhere in the world, with or without attribution and without notice or compensation.
11. Other Terms and Conditions.
All Participants release the Sponsor, together with all other businesses and persons involved with the conduct of the Games, as well as their owners, directors, officers and agents, from all claims and liability related to participation in the Games. YOU HEREBY AGREE NOT TO BRING, AND HEREBY WAIVE ANY CLAIM, SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING AGAINST ANY SPONSOR ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY RELEASE SPONSORS FROM LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, AND HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO RECEIVE AND/OR ANY RIGHT TO COLLECT DAMAGES OR COMPENSATION OF ANY KIND. Any materials or communications of, by or for the Sponsor, including notices and writings in any form that contains an error (printing, human, technical or other) shall be deemed null and void. Malfunction of software or electronic equipment associated with the Game, voids all play on it. Winners may be required, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, to sign and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility/liability release and indemnity and where legally permissible, a publicity release (all in form acceptable to the Sponsor).
Resolution of all claims by Participants related to the Game shall be determined according to the law of the State of Maryland, United States of America, except that the conflict of law rules of Maryland shall not be applied so as to require reference to the law of any sovereign other than Maryland, including any jurisdiction outside of the United States.
All disputes, claims, or controversies arising out of or relating to these Rules, Terms and Conditions or the Site, that are not resolved by mutual agreement, shall on the notice of either party be resolved by binding arbitration to be conducted before JAMS or its successor. You expressly acknowledge and agree that you may not bring any type of legal action against the Sponsor or relating to the Site other than pursuant to an arbitration consistent with this section and hereby waive any right to do so; provided that the foregoing shall not apply to enforcing an arbitration award in a court of competent jurisdiction. Unless otherwise agreed between the parties, arbitration will be held in Bethesda, Maryland before a single arbitrator mutually agreed upon by the parties, or if the parties cannot mutually agree, a single arbitrator approved by JAMS, and will be conducted in accordance with the rules and regulations promulgated by JAMS unless specifically modified in accordance with these Terms. The arbitration must commence within forty-five (45) days of the date on which a written demand for arbitration is filed by either party. The arbitrator's decision and award shall be made and delivered within sixty (60) days of the conclusion of the arbitration and within six (6) months of the selection of the arbitrator. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award damages in excess of the limitation on actual compensatory, direct damages set forth in the Terms and may not multiply actual damages or award punitive damages or any other damages that are specifically excluded under the Terms, and each party hereby irrevocably waives any claim to such damages. The arbitrator may, in his or her discretion, assess costs and expenses (including the reasonable legal fees and expenses of the prevailing party) against any party to a proceeding. Any party refusing to comply with an order of the arbitrator will be liable for costs and expenses, including attorneys' fees, incurred by the other party in enforcing the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the case of temporary or preliminary injunctive relief, any party may proceed in court without prior arbitration for the purpose of avoiding immediate and irreparable harm. The provisions of this arbitration section will be enforceable in any court of competent jurisdiction.
All causes of action or lawsuits in any way arising out of or connected with the conduct of the Games or any of them shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action litigation. Recovery against the Sponsor, the Sponsor's affiliates and the owners, officers, employees or agents of any of them, as to such causes of action, lawsuits or claims related to them, shall in any event be limited to actual out-of-pocket expenses incurred.
13. Limitations on Liability and on Warranty.
YOU AGREE EXPRESSLY THAT YOUR USE OF ANY FACILITIES, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS PROVIDED BY THE SPONSOR AND YOUR USE OF THE INTERNET IS AT YOUR SOLE AND ASSUMED RISK. THESE FACILITIES, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED ON THE BASIS OF "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE WITHOUT EXPRESS WARRANTY, WITHOUT IMPLIED WARRANTY, AND WITHOUT FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SUBJECT ONLY TO LAWS THAT RENDER A WARRANTY LEGALLY INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, BUT ONLY TO THE EXTENT OF SUCH LAW'S REQUIREMENT. THE SPONSOR PROVIDES THE GAMES AND THE SERVICES OF WWW.FANTASYSERIEA.COM ONLY AS MAY BE COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE. THE SPONSOR DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE OF WWW.FANTASYSERIEA.COM AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING OR THAT THE SPONSOR WILL HAVE ADEQUATE CAPACITY AS A WHOLE OR IN ANY COUNTRY OR STATE.
14. Paragraph and Section Headings.
In these rules, paragraph and section headings are not intended to affect content or meaning. Headings do not imply that a subject indicated by the heading is addressed only under one heading. Rather, headings are no more than a convenience to aid the reader in reviewing these rules as a whole.
15. Export Control.
Use of this site involves products and/or technical data that is subject to U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Act and its associated regulations, and may be export or import regulations of other countries. By using any software from this Site, you are agreeing to comply strictly with all such regulations and acknowledge and agree that (i) you have the responsibility to obtain licenses to export, re-export, or import such products and/or technical data, (ii) you are not located in a country (a) where such export from the united States would be prohibited by United States law or (b) United States embargoed countries, and (iii) you are not on the united States' Department of Commerce Denied Persons List or Entity List, and that you have reviewed such lists to confirm the same.
16. Copyright Policy.
Copyright Complaints: Global Multimedia respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or that your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, you should notify Global Multimedia of your infringement claim in accordance with the procedure below.
As set forth in our Copyright policy, Global multimedia will process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and other applicable intellectual Property laws with respect to any alleged or actual infringement. A notification of claimed copyright infringement should be emailed to Global Multimedia's Copyright Agent at: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: "DMCA Takedown Request"). You may also contact us at: Global Multimedia, LLC P.O. Box 5733, Bethesda, MD 20824 USA
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information:
- 1. An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- 2. A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed:
- 3. A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site, with enough detail that we may find it on the Site;
- 4. Your address, telephone number and email address;
- 5. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
- 6. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright to intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Counter-Notice: If you believe that your User Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your User Content, you may send a written counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright agent:
- 1. Your physical or electronic signature;
- 2. Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- 3. A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the content; and
- 4. Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court located within the District of Maryland, United States of America and a statement that you will accept service of process of that court upon the suit of the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, Global Multimedia, LLC will send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that the Sponsor may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion.
Repeat Infringer policy: In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, Global Multimedia, LLC has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Global's sole discretion, users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Global may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Site and/or terminate the participation of any users (Participants) who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
These TERMS & CONDITIONS were updated on SEPTEMBER 1, 2020.